GUITAR BASS VOCALS DRUMS PIANO
ROCKGOD MUSIC SCHOOL re-opened for business on Monday 25th May.
All lesson remain the same as they were before the shutdown.
We will continue to practice social distancing during lessons. Students and teachers will be required to sanitize their hands after each lesson.
We ask that no more than 3 people wait in the reception area at one time. Seats will be placed outside during lesson times spaced with gaps of 1.5 metres for your comfort.
12 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE ROCKGOD MUSIC SCHOOL FOR MUSIC LESSONS
- We make learning to play FUN but at the same time use a systematic approach.
How do I know this?
Because we see the kids come in from a term or two with “Mr. Music Theory” who teaches them how to sight read Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or Mary had a little lamb. These poor kids wouldn’t have a clue how to play something they remotely enjoy, which is the whole reason they are interested in playing music in the first place. Not a great way to inspire a life long love of music!
On the other hand we see kids coming in who have been having lessons with the guy down the road who teaches them to play “whatever they want”. This sounds like fun but these teachers rarely put the time and effort into structuring their lessons in a way that helps students understand the basics of music theory. In other words building your musical house on a bed of sand. Eventually many of these students will give up the instrument and their hopes of succeeding when they realize how much they still have to learn. Even after years of playing.
ROCKGOD aims for the middle ground. We want our students to have FUN and learn songs they enjoy but we also want them to take away theory and technique, which will make them better musicians and lifelong lovers of music.
- Our students perform REAL Concerts in REAL Venues EVERY term.
Some of our bands have achieved great things recently including winning band competitions, performing at YIPA, performing at the Goats Music Festival and recording and releasing E.P.s (Check out Enemies with Benefits on Facebook)
- We have a Curriculum!
- We teach what we are good at : GUITAR, BASS, DRUMS , VOCALS & PIANO.
We specialize in teaching ROCK, POP & METAL and the sub genres including Blues, Reggae, Punk, Folk and anything else that’s come along since Elvis gave us Rock and Roll in 1956.
- A proven track record since 2007.
- Great Teachers
We look for 2 things when we hire teachers.
- EMPATHY – The ability to put yourself in the student’s shoes.
- SOLID BASIC MUSIC THEORY -. The understanding of and the ability to explain the theory behind what is being played.
- A Music School with a REAL principal, not a music shop renting rooms to teachers.
- I hire the teachers and monitor the progress of their students.
- I sit in on lessons and ensure that teachers are on the right path to reaching the students goals.
- I hold staff meetings and boost moral amongst the staff and teachers.
- I created, maintain and update our Curriculum and teaching materials.
- I ensure the safety of all students and personally address any concerns that parents have.
- Great Rates & Reasonable terms.
Don’t forget we offer a FAMILY AND MULTI LESSON DISCOUNT. Receive a 10% discount for each additional child or for each additional lesson your child has. In other words only pay full price for 1 lot of lessons.
- End of Term Assessments.
- An awesome Adult band program called OLD SCHOOL
- Certificates and Award wristbands to celebrate achievement.
We also give out STUDENT OF THE MONTH awards and an annual ROCKGOD OF THE YEAR award.
- Easy Parking in Wyoming Kids Hub, next door to Scallywags, Wyoming Pool, Ten Pin Bowling, Laser Tag, 4 in one fitness.
LIKE US / JOIN OUR LIST
SUSAN WELLS, PARENT
"i went from a clueless 9 yr old, to writing originals and playing gigs with my band Bassment Raiders!"
JOEL KELLET, STUDENT (13yo)
"My son started with one-on-one lessons before being placed into a band, and the transition has been great to watch"
ANDY CARR, PARENT
GREEN POINT NSW
"I went from barely playing chords to soloing like Steve Vai in about 1 year!"
NICK CHAPMAN, STUDENT (15yo)
"I love that we do songs by artists that I like."
SARAH BYRNE, STUDENT (14yo)
PICKETTS VALLEY NSW
"I'm so happy with the progress my 6 yr old is making in his drumming and guitar lessons"
JOANNA TAUNTON, PARENT
"Encouraging environment and cool staff. Fantastic platform for our son into the music world!"
RYAN HALL, PARENT
TUMBI UMBI NSW.
"He loves playing. He's less shy and he's come out of his shell"
CLAIR PARRY, PARENT
FOR MORE TESTIMONIALS FROM HAPPY STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS CLICK HERE.